Friday, February 19, 2016

Things are not well...

So the Dinos are pretty much all gone (woo) but I probably caused a tank cycle replacing all the filter media at once. I knew this isn't a good idea but I was hoping the live rock would compensate as a filter. But apparently, the filter was doing all the work because my water params are completely out of wack now (and deadly to the inhabitants). Gilbert, unfortunately, has perished.

Parameter
Value
Salinity
1.024
pH
8.4
Ammonia
0 ppm
Nitrite
0 ppm
Nitrate
160 ppm
Phosphate
.25 ppm
Calcium
340 ppm
Carbonate Harness
107.4 ppm
Alkalinity
6.1 ppm
Magnesium
975 ppm
Iron
.05 ppm
Potassium
440 ppm
Iodine
.06 ppm
      

       *Green*: Values are good 

*Orange*: Values are not ideal but are not bad 
*Red*: Values are lethal










Ugh, and all this before a weekend, too. I threw in some Algone yesterday to hopefully try and drive down the Nitrates and dosed some dKH buffer to raise the alkalinity a bit but still not enough to be a proper value. I really wish we were allowwed in the building over the weekends like the last building so I could check on the tank...

Hoping for the best.

~ Keep on Swimming ~

No comments:

Post a Comment