Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Diatoms issue resolved.

It seems the filter media I was using was leeching bad stuff back into the tank even though nothing was showing up in the water param tests. Once I replaced the media the diatoms cleared up in about a week-and-a-half. The coral are still a lil upset; I'm hoping they get happy again soon since the diatoms are no longer choking them out and the water is cleaner. I may have lost the SPS coral and the Candy Cane coral although the Candy Cane still has visible flesh even though much of its skeleton is exposed and is closed tightly. I guess time will tell. I'll have to monitor the water params a little closer over the next few weeks.

I think I may have lost my Pom Pom crab as well. I fed the tank last week and didn't see her dancing anywhere and haven't seen her at all in the past couple weeks :( Hopefully, she's just up to her usual good hiding game.

~ Keep on Swimming! ~

No comments:

Post a Comment