Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Water parameters stabilized and Duncan head splitting

I checked my water parameters yesterday and they all are back to normal except the Nitrates; they are still a little high but the tank seems to be thriving. Still have good copepod activity and the snails are quite active. They hang out on the glass a bunch though and I wish they'd clean up some of the algae on the rocks. I think I'll grab a Nassarius snail here soon so I get get some aeration and movement within the sand bed.

As I was looking into my tank today I noticed that my Duncan coral has a splitting head! Neat! Soon that head should be 2 heads. I'm taking this as a good sign that the tank is at least somewhat healthy to cause growth.

Coral head splitting.
I am currently looking into getting some more coral for the tank but there are so many choices and decisions to be made when doing so! Hopefully I can get some more stock in soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment