Thursday, March 3, 2016

Gumdrop has passed

I was sick pretty much all last week so I was out of the office. With the high Nitrates, I was planning on doing 2 water changes during the week but that fell through when I got ill. Unfortunately, Gumdrop passed while I was sick. A buddy of mine was able to remove him from the tank.

The tank is looking better again this week. I did notice that the filter was unplugged and I'm not sure if it was unplugged over the weekend or just since Monday. Either way, it isn't good; pretty sure all the beneficial bacteria that was growing in the filter is dead now which may cause yet another cycle of the tank -.- This is not good for the inhabitants to constantly have their environment out of whack. 

I'll be performing a larger water change today and check my water params. If the params are not looking better, I'll probably do another water change on Monday.

~ Keep on Swimming ~

No comments:

Post a Comment