Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Stowaways located

Inspecting the tank today I noticed 2 new critters that and I believe I have some sort of baby Feather Duster and probably some Aiptasia. I've posted some images on a forum for some better input as to what they are exactly. (edit: as I suspected, it is a feather duster (woo!) and Aiptasia (crap!)). Looks like I'll be going to war for the first time against Aiptasia.

On a happier note, I also got a nice shot of the Green Hammer Corals growth! It's so nice to see if finally being fully open (and huge!) after being shut up for so long!
Green Hammer Coral has grown!
I may pick up a peppermint shrimp this week that will hopefully take care of the Aiptasia issue. Apparently, they are pretty hit-or-miss when it comes to munching on them and can also munch on coral if they get a taste for it. Sheesh.

Until next time,

~ Keep on Swimming! ~

No comments:

Post a Comment