Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Little critters and moving update

The coral haven't been too happy lately for some reason. The Hammer is barely opening up, the Duncan is closed in the morning when I get in and opens about 3/4 of it's usual size and the plate coral is a little closed. The Zoas seem to be doing fine and the Scarlace actually seems to be doing really well. A snail or something seems to have bumped it into a shaded area and it looks like it prefers it there. I may have to re-situate it though since it looks a bit out of place.

The hammer has been knocked over a few times in the last week so that could be the reason for it's distress. However, I wonder if the rock it is situated on has moved somewhat. It seems more at an angle and I moved the light fixture a bit and the Hammer responded by opening up because it got more direct light. It was happy with it's placement all this time until recently...


We also (finally) just got word on when we're moving offices. I'm kinda freaking out about the move because when the cubes (and power!) will be available to us... So I can't plan on quickly transporting the tank and having it set up quickly to reduce the chance of tank death. But, with little information available to us, I can't really plan on anything. I may just try and take the tank hope, fully set it back up and let it hang out at home for a month before transporting it back to the new office... We'll see. Hopefully we'll get more information as the move date approaches...


I got a video of those weird bug-shrimp like critters running all over the rocks.

I also got a picture of that bivalve I had found in my tank. He decided to finally show up again. He's just to the upper right of the plate coral in this picture:
Some sort of Bivalve?
I also got some fun photos of the CUC eating off each other
Scarelet Hermit eating off the Spiny Star Astraea Snail
Nerite Snail eating off the Astraea Turbo Snail
Here's hoping for a successful future!

No comments:

Post a Comment