Thursday, December 31, 2015

Moving Day

Whelp, the moving day is finally here and the stress of moving the tank has come. With the help of a couple friends from work, I was able to get the tank transported to the new office fairly quickly. I've got the tank setup and performed a small water change because it was a normal water change day but also since I was taking it down anyway. Pictures of the new office will be posted below.

I found some red legs detached and floating at the bottom of the tank when I went in today. Thought my hermit may have died and got eaten but he was still in his shell. Perhaps he molted? I thought their molt would be translucent...

Anyway, the tank has been re-setup at the new office and the inhabitants seem to be doing OK. The snails are a bit active and Gumball is swimming around.I hope I didn't accidentally injure anyone in the process of moving and placing the rocks back in. The plate coral is a bit inflated and looks as if he wants to move himself a bit. The Zoa's have opened up but the Hammer and the Duncan are still closed up tightly.

Unfortunately, I no longer have access to the tank in the new building during weekends. This causes me quite a bother, especially since the tank just moved and tomorrow the building is closed. It's going to be going 3 days without any sort of monitoring, which worries me.

I'm hoping for the best but I'll have to see what Monday brings me.

~Keep on Swimming~


No comments:

Post a Comment