Monday, November 9, 2015

First casualty :(

I came in this morning to my first casualty: the Peppermint Shrimp seemed to have met his demise sometime over the weekend. I had come in Saturday night to check on the tank and he was out near the plate coral. Maybe the plate stung him and killed him?

The Pom Pom crab has now taken up residence in the save the Peppermint Shrimp was inhabiting. Maybe they had a turf war scuffle; the crab is now missing one of his anemones... But I was finally able to snap a quick picture of him when he was out and about!

Pom Pom Crab
The Zoa colony is still in the process of opening up (about half way) and I believe I found a happy place for the Sarlacc Leptastrea. All the information regarding their parameters seems to differ.

I'll have to contact LiveAquaria today for a replacement Shrimp as they have a 14 day guarantee.

No comments:

Post a Comment