Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Tank is angry - no idea why...

I came in yesterday and my salinity was a little low: 1.020. Brought it back up to 1.023 by adding a little salt. This usually really angers the Hammer Coral and the Duncan will usually close one or 2 heads. A few hours later and the Duncan is fully open again the the hammer is beginning to open. I checked all my water parameters and they were all perfect (except the Nitrates were ~40ppm).

But yesterday the Hammer stayed closed all day after the salt addition. This morning, the Hammer is pretty closed up but the polyps are visible. One of the Duncan heads is partially closed. No idea why the tank is angry today. The Zoa is about 3/4 open now so he seems to be progressing. Not sure why everyone else is unhappy and I'm kind of worried... especially since I have tomorrow off. I may have to make a trip to the office tomorrow just to make sure everything is on the up-and-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment