Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Light Controller Update

I've contacted the guy that built the unit and he has helped me diagnose some of the issue. It seems the LEDs themselves are fine as connecting them directly to power turn them on (phew!) but they do not turn on with their normal cycle. I'm waiting to hear back again but if I were to garner a guess I would say the controller is shot. If it is, they are only ~$30-$50 which is much cheaper than replacing the lighting unit itself.

Still, it would be great it it was just in need of a software reset or something. Hopefully he gets to me soon so I can determine what I need to do to get the lights back up. I'm sure the new coral are not going to be happy adjusting to their new home without light...

I'll be posting pictures of the new livestock soon (probably after I figure out some lighting alternative). I may bring in the stock lighting unit in the interim. It does not provide nearly enough lighting for a marine reef but something is better than nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment