Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Tank Updates

Went to Petco and picked up a Scarlet Reef Hermit to help combat the hair algae I have going on. Apparently, these guys a little lawn mowers and don't kill other snails for their shells. So win-win.

I also picked up some Frozen Mysis Shrimp for the Pom Pom crab and the coral. Gave the crab a lil feeding and he went nuts. He literally leaped from his cave and pounced the shrimp. He even started to climb on the tool I was using to feed him and was trying to grab the shrimp from within it. Had to shake him off a little and he grabbed the shrimp that landed on the sand bed. 

Maybe my corals were a little hungry. Once I tried to spot feed the Hammer Coral he began to open up. Strange.

Also, minor panic moment. I just learned about Palytoxin Poisoning which the Zoas I have can exhibit. Apparently it is the second most toxic chemical found in nature. Great, right? Freaked. Me. Out. Using gloves whenever I have to handle these guys now. I bite my nails and always have small cuts on my hands so I do not wanna run into this lil issue...

No comments:

Post a Comment