Friday, January 15, 2016

3-day weekend ahead...

This weekend will be the first time since the building move where I won't be able to monitor the tank for 3 days. Mondays are usually feeding days and the water seems to evaporate quicker here than it did in the other building. I checked the specific gravity again today as yesterday was pretty low after I performed a water change (1.020). I was able to bring it up to 1.023 but the coral wasn't too happy about that and the Duncan is still closed up today. This morning the gravity was 1.024. I'm hoping that the evaporation won't cause too much of an issue over the weekend and spike the salinity too high. I may just add a bit more fresh water to lower the salinity a bit so it can raise safely over the weekend.

I also checked my water parameters and the Calcium and Carbonate Hardness levels were low. I dosed the tank with Purple Tech to see if I could raise them a bit but I'll need to pick up some actual boosters today. Having much more coral, it'd probably be wise to begin dosing the tank with these elements.

Also, I don't think the Feather Duster made it. I haven't seen it once since putting him in the tank. I'll have to check out his casing to see if he moved or if he's dead in the case. I hope he isn't dead because he would make a neat addition to the reef. If he is alive, maybe he just opens up at night? I may have to set up a live stream for the weekend so I can see if this is what happens.

I got a neat picture of the Hermit crab hanging out with the coral. He's made his rounds to all of them and it's kind of neat to see him interacting with them. I can't wait to get the corals organized in the tank ^.^

Hermit chillin' with the coral
Whelp, that's it for now!

~ Keep on Swimming! ~

No comments:

Post a Comment