Thursday, January 7, 2016

Placing a new Livestock order

So much for waiting a couple weeks to get more livestock after the move...

I've gone ahead and placed an order at LiveAquaria and ReefCorner for some more coral. ReefCorner is all WYSIWYG and their coral is gorgeous. It's going to be my first order from them so I hope it goes well!

I've spent a little more than I wanted to but ReefCorner has a minumim purchase price of $99. Their stock is generally cheaper than LiveAquaria though and you know exactly what you're getting from the photos they provide. LA can be a bit of a gamble outside their Divers Den so I hope I get good stuff. 

I ordered a bunch of SPS Corals and I'm really hoping I am able to sustain them properly. I believe my lighting and water parameters are perfect for them but I'm a little worried. Apparently, the demands of SPS coral are generally harder to meet than LPS coral. Oh well, with no risk there is no reward!

Here is what I ordered (along with corresponding images for WYSIWYG items):
ReefCorner
Maroon and Green Blastomussa wellsi Red and Green Blastomussa wellsi
  
Green Candy Cane Caulastrea furcata Green Alien War Favia
  
Thick Pink Birdsnest Seriatopora caliendrum Pink and Green Stylophora subseriata
  
LiveAquaria
Orange Guttatus Birdsnest Coral Taylor's Purple Tree Coral
Purple Polyp Green Birdsnest Coral Asterospicularia Coral (Branching)
Yellow Dwarf Colored Feather Duster
Australian Big Polyp Purple and Green Blastomussa Coral Hammer Coral
  
Kiwi Abyss Acropora Coral
  




I should be receiving both shipments on Tuesday. 

~Keep on Swimming!~

No comments:

Post a Comment